Monday, January 18, 2010

Bible College

It is Monday night and I am in my usual place:  Whitesburg Heritage Bible College.  Lainey is taking classes toward a Biblical Studies Certificate.  Since she does not have her license that means she has to take the mommy taxi.  For that reason I am here for three hours every week of the school year. 

It can be a lot of fun.  We took Greek together last year for one of the classes.  Having taken it in college many years ago, I was surprised at how much I had forgotton. 

On some nights I work in the office to help out the dean and his wife the registrar.  She has to be gone a lot because their youngest daughter is under treatment for leukemia.  I sit in the office when she is not here, to try to help out the students with books and payments.  I'm not much use for other questions, but I do know how to leave notes for Ginger to answer when she returns.

Other nights I have been known to bring along school work to catch up on.  I write lesson plans, grade papers, etc, if I can find a quiet place.  I have even been know to cram in some last minute work for Tuesday morning ladies Bible studies. 

When either of the above options fail me, I might run errands to the store, loiter around the office talking Ginger's head off (or someone else), or just hang out in the computer lab.  The store thing can be tricky.  One night I couldn't make it back because of a flat tire.  Some dear friends saved me on that one.

Tonight I have spent time having long conversations with at least three friends.  We have discussed computer and cell phone issues, missions, the state of churches in the US, and our children's musical instruments.  Now that Lainey's classes are almost done, I am finally down to wasting time in the computer lab writing this blog. 

Have I bored you yet?  I hope to one day have more inspiration, but for now, this is what you will get.  I can wax somewhat elequent when I am well rested and feel up to great heights.  Lately, though, between my back problems, acid reflux, asthma, and busy schedule, I just haven't been getting enough sleep.  On top of that I think that my insulin/sugar issues may be getting worse, though my blood test do not indicate an issue.  Some days I am doing well if we can just get through school.  It was a real struggle today.  All I felt like doing all day was finding a nice cozy dark quiet spot to sleep.  Somehow we got all the lessons done, but mommy was more the problem than the help, I'm thinking.  It is funny that we often do better at school when we are not at home.  I think the adrenaline of being "out" helps me to function better.  Maybe...

Time to go!  Class is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment