Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not Much

Well, when I started this blog, I said something about probably not writing in it much.  I haven't been inspired to write lately.  It usually takes inspiration for me to do much writing, probably because I am not a very good typist.  Here goes anyway....

We have been busy so far in this new year of 2010.  Mostly we have been trying to stay focused on school.  I don't want to have that end-of-May-frantic-blitz-to-get-school-done again.  I did manage to get my grades turned in on time, by about an hour.  Whew!  There are some things I hate to sit down and grade, basically anything subjective.  I am a very objective person (objectionable to some people, but let's not go there right now.), so I want everything to fall into place as either right or wrong, black or white.  Life doesn't seem to work that way, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it.  Anyway, essays, term papers, and handwriting papers tend to get ignored as long as possible at my house.  I really wish I could get someone else to do the grading for me.  Oh, well!  That is life.  Actually, I have made it my resolution to finish grading all papers everyday and filing them in their appropriate places.  I am not succeeding well in this.

Lainey got her braces adjusted yesterday.  She chose pink and blue bands this time.  I like them ever so much better than the silver ones that she has been sporting for the last two months.  I must say that I am thrilled with the progression of her teeth.  Those two front teeth are almost touching already!  I didn't know that they could move teeth that far in such a short time without surgery.  I must admit that I am very grateful that I did not have to have braces.  I am even more grateful for the fabulous news we got from the new dental insurance company.  Mike's company dropped our orthodontic insurance $1500 benefit without our knowledge last year (not a word in all the paper work).  We had the braces put on in November not knowing this.  We found out in December when the claim was rejected and after the sign up period for the new year had closed.  God was taking care of us though.  CenturyLink had decided to change dental insurance companies from MetLife to Delta.  The new Delta insurance has a $1500 benefit and I was able to confirm with the company that even though the braces were already put on her teeth, they will pay the full $1500 and not prorate it.  Hallelujah!

In other news, my best friend from college and her family came to visit us this weekend.  We had a great visit.  Because they live on the other side of the planet, we have only gotten to spend tiny snippets of time with each other over the past decade.  It was wonderful to spend all day Saturday just talking with each other while her son played around her feet and I took hours making beef stew.  I can do it much faster, but why should I?  It was an excuse to spend more time sharing our lives with each other.

I guess I had more to say than I thought.  Mike is signaling that I need to shut this thing down for the night.  So....good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment